ODSL Club Representative Quarterly Meeting
Clubs in attendance: ASC, BRYC, CHAN, CYA, CCS, CUGI, FPYC, FRED, GRFL, GSC, HERN, LMVS, MONU, REST, SYA, SYC, TAFC, TASC, VIST, VBSC, VYS, VSA, WRTN, WIN
Clubs not present: ALEX, ABGC, ARL, BRDW, BAC, CULP, DCST, EPIC, FCSC, ROCK, FASA, FRSA, LFC, LOUD, MCLN, NVSC, OSC, ODFC, PAC, PWSI, SHEN, STAF, STER, WSC
Officers in attendance: Lisa Wilson (Registrar), Wayne Gardella (Vice President), Tom Lewis (Girls Commissioner), Karen Klumpp (Secretary), Dave Milne (Administrator)
Meeting called to order at 7:35 pm
Reviewed minutes from last board meeting (20 April 2009). Motion made to approve the minutes. Minutes approved.
- The position of treasurer is now open.
- Dave reviewed the bank statement briefly with the members.
- As of this point in time, the league has not spent any money. This is typical of this time of year. Most of the expenses will be coming due in June.
- If there are any questions or concerns, please contact Dave to review the statement.
- The 2009-2010 YouthLeagues database is under construction. Three of the four parts are already tested and ready for use. Testing of the final part will be next week. Target date of the release is 6/1/2009. This means this is the date that the Kidsafe application, league and club applications will be available. The league and club must register prior to the teams being able to register.
- VYSA is hosting the Kohl’s America Cup on 6/27/2009. It’s a fun, one-day tournament. Everyone who participates receives a t-shirt, medal, and ticket to SplashDown Waterpark!
- Reminded everyone that the teams MUST go through their club rep in order to request any type of waiver regarding registration.
- If you ever have a problem getting someone added due to time constraints, contact Lisa or Karen.
- Reminded Club Reps to talk to their teams and let them know that it is best that the teams go through them in order to resolve any problems. Often, the club rep has never been informed of whatever the issue might be. Many issues can be handled at the club level, without coming to the league.
- Referee reports are more complete now that we are using the online system. The club may actually pay out more than originally budgeted. Usually, only about 80% of the games have full crews. Now, it appears that more are completely covered.
- Trophies have been ordered and will be shipped shortly after the end of the season.
- Questions still come up about the sportsmanship rating. The value that is posted on the website now is just an average.
- ODSL will be disbursing funds to clubs with TOPSoccer programs. Thus far, he’s heard from about 7 clubs. He has not yet heard from the following clubs which he believes have a TOPSoccer program: BAC, FCSC, MCLN, REST, VYS, WRTN.
- Registration for the fall should open the first week of June. Deadline will be 7/7/2009 to submit applications. A check from each club will be due 7/14/2009. Club reps are reminded to include the Fee Submission Form with their check. This will ensure that the club is credited correctly.
- 7/14/2009 will also be the last date to withdraw an application and receive a partial refund (all but $75). After 7/14, there is no refund.
- Based upon how we met our budget this year, there is no recommendation for an increase in fees. There was some discussion about how ODSL fees compare to other leagues.
- If a ref applies the rules of the game incorrectly, or not in the best interest of the safety of the players, then the league needs to know. The safety of our players is of utmost importance.
- There have not been any really serious issues with coaches since the implementation of the sportsmanship rating system.
- There was continued discussion on anchoring of goals and reiteration of the importance of stressing to all teams/players goal safety.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:40 pm.