ODSL Club Representative Quarterly Meeting
Clubs in attendance: ARL, BRYC, BAC, CHAN, CCS, CUGI, EPIC, FCSC, FRED, FSCI, FRSA, GRFL, GSC, HERN, LFC, LOUD, MCLN, MONU, NVSC, ODFC, PAC, SYA, SYC, STAF, STER, TAFC, TASC, VIST, VBSC, VYS, VSA, WRTN, WSC, WIN
Clubs not present: ALEX, ABGC, ASC, BRDW, CYA, CULP, DCST, FPYC, ROCK, FASA, LMVS, PWSI, REST
Officers in attendance: Karen Klumpp (President), Wayne Gardella (Vice President), Lisa Wilson (Registrar), Greg Waldrip (Boys Commissioner), Tom Lewis (Girls Commissioner), Steve Kirk (Secretary), Dave Milne (Administrator)
Meeting called to order at 7:35.
Minutes from the last board meeting (11 November 2011) were presented. A motion was made to approve the minutes. Motion was seconded and minutes were approved.
Registrar: Nothing new to report tonight.
- The current bank statement was reviewed. All questions were answered.
- The ODSL had to submit an amended tax return.
- Reminded club reps to have teams place any special requests into the comment field on the application. This will minimize the chance that the request be missed.
- Sometimes more new teams apply that will fit in a division, requiring some teams to be moved up a division. Please provide some information about the skill level of the new teams in the comment field.
Girls Commissioner: Reiterated statement made by Boys Commissioner regarding any special requests.
- Club reps need to review the submitted applications. The deadline is 2/7/2011. Be sure to vet the teams properly before they come into the league.
- If a roster has not been turned into the registrar at least two weeks prior to the first league game of the season, there will be a fine of $100 (made payable to ODSL).
- Dave reviewed the process the Club Rep will go through in order to review the team’s application.
- Dave explained to the Club Reps the process of entering field information.
- Dave will de-conflict schedules for coaches in ODSL that also coach in NCSL or WAGS. Coaches that coach more than one ODSL team will be de-conflicted first. Dave will do what he can to help any coach in ODSL, but the teams requesting a de-conflicted schedule must provide him with the NCSL/WAGS schedule as soon as possible.
Vice President: Summarized the changes in the Operating Procedures (moved from Conduct and Appeals Committees to a Rules & Discipline Committee). Most of the change involves just terminology, with only a small change in procedure. The process permits the Chairman to handle the issue, with the involved party having the option of requesting a hearing by the full committee.
A motion was made by PAC proposing that at all games parents will sit on one side of the field, and the players of both teams will sit on the side opposite the parents. The motion was seconded and discussion was heard. Many individuals had concerns, since ODSL does not currently have in place a Team Sideline Liaison program. Some of the Club Reps pointed out that the reason we have not had to have such a program in place is because our parents are better behaved by sitting on the same side as their team, and away from one another. However, the concerns the Club Reps had about the players (younger, in particular) interacting with their parents during the game rather than listening to the instruction of the coaches prevailed, and the motion was passed by 51% of the membership. Of those clubs present, 22 voted for the change, 7 voted against the change, 5 abstained, and 13 clubs were absent.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:55pm.